Marcello Lippi side earned all three points in Korea Republic clash
Yu Dabao's first half header breathed life into China's 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification campaign with a 1-0 win over Korea Republic on Thursday night.
Yu's goal from a Wang Yongpo corner proved enough for the hosts to register their first win in Group A in front of a passionate home crowd.
With China having taken the lead after 34 minutes, Korea came close to an equaliser shortly before half-time when a Ji Dong-won header flashed narrowly over the bar.
China were then indebted to some excellent goalkeeping from Zeng Cheng who denied Ji and teammate Ki Sung-yueng after the interval.
Photo: Lagardère Sports
- Omar Khrbin and Samantha Kerr land AFC Awards 142
- The UFF to sign the memorandum of collaboration with the KFA 19
- UAE claim a 1-0 victory over Uzbekistan in Al Ain 167
- Uzbekistan to struggle with UAE at the Khalifa bin Zayed Stadium this evening 180
- Ravshan Irmatov injures in Australia. What's the next? 66