Russia 2018 Asian Qualifiers. Syria vs Uzbekistan. Who will deserve a victory?
- Great Grounds of Asia: Tashkent's Pakhtakor Stadium 5
- South Korea Football Association has sacked coach Uli Stielike after Qatar loss 49
- Asian Qualifiers. Qatar could face disciplinary action from FIFA 58
- Uzbekistan have provided a place for Iran in the FIFA World Cup 2018 12
- Sardor Rashidov: It will be a special day if we will qualify for the World Cup 36
Syria will look to close the gap on their Matchday Six opponents Uzbekistan to just a point when the sides go head to head on Thursday.
Uzbekistan national team are just two points behind group leaders Iran and one off Korea Republic, but know a defeat would loosen their grip on the third-place spot that guarantees a continental play-off and the last chance at World Cup qualification.
And Syria will go into the game with confidence having held both Korea Republic and Iran to scoreless draws at their temporary home in Malaysia as they bid to mount a challenge for one of the top three positions.
Syria will be without Alaa Al Shbli, however, with the defender serving a one-match suspension.