Russia 2018 Asian Qualifiers. Syria vs Uzbekistan. Who will deserve a victory?
Syria will look to close the gap on their Matchday Six opponents Uzbekistan to just a point when the sides go head to head on Thursday.
Uzbekistan national team are just two points behind group leaders Iran and one off Korea Republic, but know a defeat would loosen their grip on the third-place spot that guarantees a continental play-off and the last chance at World Cup qualification.
And Syria will go into the game with confidence having held both Korea Republic and Iran to scoreless draws at their temporary home in Malaysia as they bid to mount a challenge for one of the top three positions.
Syria will be without Alaa Al Shbli, however, with the defender serving a one-match suspension.
- Omar Khrbin and Samantha Kerr land AFC Awards 103
- Uzbekistan recognise their opponents at the AFC U-23 Championship China 2018 48
- Uzbekistan drop seven spots in the latest FIFA Rankings 96
- Ravshan Irmatov injures in Australia. What's the next? 66
- Uzbekistan drop five places in the latest FIFA rankings 99