Russia 2018 Asian Qualifiers. Syria vs Uzbekistan. Who will deserve a victory?
- Uzbekistan beat Qatar 4-2 at the Al Sailiya Stadium 60
- The UFF and the QFA sign a memorandum of collaboration in Doha 79
- Uzbekistan travel to UAE for international friendly match in November 48
- Bahrom Norsafarov: I am really proud of my players 44
- Uzbekistan lose to DPR Korea in AFC U-19 Women’s Championship Qualifiers 33
Syria will look to close the gap on their Matchday Six opponents Uzbekistan to just a point when the sides go head to head on Thursday.
Uzbekistan national team are just two points behind group leaders Iran and one off Korea Republic, but know a defeat would loosen their grip on the third-place spot that guarantees a continental play-off and the last chance at World Cup qualification.
And Syria will go into the game with confidence having held both Korea Republic and Iran to scoreless draws at their temporary home in Malaysia as they bid to mount a challenge for one of the top three positions.
Syria will be without Alaa Al Shbli, however, with the defender serving a one-match suspension.