Samvel Babayan: We will do our best to achieve our target - 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia
Uzbekistan national team will resume their campaign in Asian Qualifiers with a match against Syria at Hang Jebat Stadium tomorrow.
Ahead of Syria clash, the White Wolves boss Samvel Babayan attended pre-match press conference was held in this afternoon.
"Tomorrow, we will do our best to earn all 3 points in one of the most important games for us. It is clear that Syria national team is not a weak easy opponent as they showed how they had enough experience to stop the group leaders. They have an accurate team consists of very experienced individuals who can be the main reason for several problems in our area."
"We have already finished the first phase of the final qualification round getting 9 points at top three of Group A. So far, we came across many difficulties based on final squad for this competition. Tomorrow we may have the same things which we already used up. Vitaliy Denisov injured in his club and could not attend pre-match training camp and it is still uncovered that he will help us in Qatar clash will take place in Tashkent. Apart from Denisov, Igor Sergeev and Eldor Shomurodov may not be fielded because of injury."
"However, we do our best to achieve our target which is direct tickets for 2018 World Cup Russia", finished his speech, Samvel Babayan.
Photo: Lagardère Sports
- Uzbekistan stun Kyrgyzstan with a 5-0 victory at the Bunyodkor Stadium 221
- Samvel Babayan announces Uzbekistan's 27-man squad for the upcoming Asian Qualifiers matches 176
- Aleksandr Krestinin has announced Kyrgyzstan's 22-player squad for Uzbekistan clash 133
- Uzbekistan national football team will face Kyrgyzstan in a friendly match 226
- Uzbekistan secured a 1-0 victory over Saudi Al Taawoun FC in a friendly match 152