The venue of the Asian Qualifiers match between Syria and Uzbekistan has been changed unexpectedly
- Asian Qualifiers. Uzbekistan v South Korea | Photo Gallery 122
- Samvel Babayan run away from the post-match press conference 169
- Uzbekistan finish their Asian Qualifiers campaign unsuccessfully 79
- China beat Uzbekistan in front of the home crowd 107
- Asian Qualifiers. Uzbekistan aim to beat China in Wuhan | Preview 105
Uzbekistan national team will resume their Asian Qualifiers campaign with a long-awaited match against Syria in Malaysia. Because of the political issue in the area of Syria, the AFC should maintain neutral zone to organize the matches of Syria national team during the international tournaments.
As it was planned before, Syria hosted the White Wolves at the Tuanku Abdul Rahman Stadium situated in Paroi, Malaysia. However, awful condition of this stadium, the AFC changed the venue of the match to Hang Jebat Stadium situated in Malacca, Malaysia. But the time of the match was not changed and the match will be kicked off at 12:00 (GMT) in this stadium.
Uzbekistan national team is staying on the third place of Group A with 9 points behind Iran and Korea Republic who gathered 11 and 10 points respectively after the first phase of the final qualification round for 2018 World Cup Russia.