The venue of the Asian Qualifiers match between Syria and Uzbekistan has been changed unexpectedly
Uzbekistan national team will resume their Asian Qualifiers campaign with a long-awaited match against Syria in Malaysia. Because of the political issue in the area of Syria, the AFC should maintain neutral zone to organize the matches of Syria national team during the international tournaments.
As it was planned before, Syria hosted the White Wolves at the Tuanku Abdul Rahman Stadium situated in Paroi, Malaysia. However, awful condition of this stadium, the AFC changed the venue of the match to Hang Jebat Stadium situated in Malacca, Malaysia. But the time of the match was not changed and the match will be kicked off at 12:00 (GMT) in this stadium.
Uzbekistan national team is staying on the third place of Group A with 9 points behind Iran and Korea Republic who gathered 11 and 10 points respectively after the first phase of the final qualification round for 2018 World Cup Russia.
- Uzbekistan recognise their opponents at the AFC U-23 Championship China 2018 48
- Uzbekistan drop seven spots in the latest FIFA Rankings 96
- Ravshan Irmatov injures in Australia. What's the next? 66
- Uzbekistan drop five places in the latest FIFA rankings 99
- Asian Qualifiers. Uzbekistan v South Korea | Photo Gallery 192