Uzbekistan's boxers secured five medals in Youth International Boxing Championships which took place in Kazakhstan
Uzbekistan’s boxers earned two gold, one silver and two bronze medals in Youth International Boxing Championships was held in Kazakhstan.
In super heavyweight, Uzbek boxer Lazizbek Mullajonov showed the best performance on his way to gain the gold medal. He stunned Kazakhstan’s Ernar Kanatboev with knock-out result in the initial round in semi-finals before this scenario was repeated in the final bout as highly skilled super weight Lazizbek Mullajonov stifled his opponent Dimitriy Kulik after his series of punches in the first round.
Another boxer of Uzbekistan national team, who fought in super heavyweight, Jamshidbek Muhammadaliev was also awarded gold medal of the championship after his successful participation by beating all his opponents.
In light heavyweight, Temur Ergashev had to finish his campaign in the competition with a silver medal after his loss to Kazakhstan-based Daulet Esenov by winning points.
Other two boxers Zoirjon Jumanazarov and Asadbek Shodiev secured bronze medals after they were defeated in semi-final bouts.
- Uzbekistan's three boxers compete at the boxing night in Russia 79
- Uzbekistan's Khursanoy Kholmatova claims gold medal in the Memorial Tournament in Kazakhstan 156
- Uzbek boxers are on the complete list of nominees for the Best of the Asians 2017 Annual Awards 227
- Asia won record number of seven gold medals in the AIBA Women’s Youth World Boxing Championships 219
- Five Uzbek boxers to take part in the World Cup of Petroleum Countries 2017 351