It is true to say that the main goal of all athletes today is to get a license to the Tokyo Olympics, and those who are licensed to prepare for the most prestigious tournament of the four years.
Uzbek freestyle wrestlers are no exception, especially Uzbek Bekzod Abdurakhmanov, who will compete in the weight category of 74 kg. However, we cannot say that it will be easy for him in this regard. Because now he has a serious competitor in Uzbekistan.
We asked him a couple of questions about it.
- First of all, what other tournaments are licensed for the Tokyo Olympics?
- There is the Asian Championship and another international competition. In those championships, we will definitely try to get a license.
- Rio Olympics winner Ikhtiyor Navruzov will also compete in your weight category. I mean, there was serious competition. How do you feel about that?
- Of course, any wrestler can compete in any weight category. It was good that Ikhtiyor passed to this weight category. Because I try to concentrate and prepare better.
- Naturally, there were very strong wrestlers in your weight category. Who do you think will be able to prove themselves at the Tokyo Olympics?
- Americans and Russians have always been very strong in my weight class. There is also Frank Chamizo. To be honest, we have five or six strong wrestlers in our weight class, and it is each of them who can win the Tokyo Olympics.
- We wish you good luck in this matter!
- Thank you.