Jorge Fossati: Uzbekistan started to play in the second half
- Uzbekistan drop five places in the latest FIFA rankings 57
- China beat Uzbekistan in front of the home crowd 108
- Asian Qualifiers. Uzbekistan aim to beat China in Wuhan | Preview 106
- Road To Russia 2018 - Asian Qualifiers. Matchday Nine | Group A Preview 138
- Qatar Football Association to cancel two friendly matches against Uzbekistan 134
Uzbekistan national team earned three points after a 1-0 victory over Qatari team in the matchday seven of 2018 FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifiers.The only goal scored by Odil Ahmedov on 65 minutes secured a winning result for the White Wolves after an unexpected defeat in the last matchday.
After the game against Uzbekistan, Annabi team coach Jorge Fossati attended the post-match press conference to comment on the match.
“It was dramatic and difficult game for both teams. In the first half, we could control the ball possession but we it didn’t lead to break the deadlock. I don’t know what Samvel Babayan said to his side in the dressing room in the break, but they started the second half with extra efforts by boosting the attacks and pressure.”
“I asked from the referee that there was a foul when Uzbek side won free-kick near our box which resulted in a goal. The referee said, "yes, your player kicked the opponent”. But, I don’t think so. It depends on the referee’s conscience.”