Vote for the coach and player of the year in Uzbekistan
Uzbekistan Football Federation announced that the voting campaign for awarding the coach and player of the year in Uzbekistan has recently started.
It is considered the most prestigious annual individual honour in Uzbek football.
The best coach and player of the year will be awarded based on votes from a group of individual journalists, columnists and newsmakers (1), a group of the media departments of football clubs and Uzbekistan national teams (2) and other publishers based on sports according to the criteria set by Uzbekistan Football Federation.
The candidates will be marked in a system based on positional voting, each voter will be allotted three votes, worth three points, two points and one point. However, the UFF will not provide a recommended list of coaches and players to select three of them each who showed the best performance during the season 2016.
The best coach and player of the year nominees are different from each other and will be voted differently.
Each voter should cast their preferences using a conventional ranked ballot, which nominees will be ranked in a hierarchy on the ordinal scale. A vote can be counted as valid when all three spaces for coaches and players (separately) will be filled and ranked on the ballot.
The Awards are bestowed according to:
- On-field performance individually and with his team
- His ability, talent and Fair Play attitude
- His career
- Overall behaviour on and off the pitch
The voters should send their filled ballots as a hard copy via letters to the following address.
Uzbekistan Football Federation
Uzbekistan street 98/A
Fax: +998 71 244 16 83
The votes can be sent electronically to the email address above.
(1) In order to increase the credibility and trustworthiness of voting, the criteria were changed by the decision of UFF board in 2015 that individual journalist cannot participate in the voting campaign directly. It means that the votes of individual journalists, columnist and newsmakers, as well as, sports bloggers will be collected and can be recorded as one vote.
(2) The votes of media departments of football clubs and Uzbekistan national teams can be also collected together and recorded as one vote.