Rustam Saidov, a former boxer who won a bronze medal at the Olympics and the World Championships, is an Asian champion and winner of the Asian Games and currently works as a coach in Malaysia.
We contacted this specialist and had a brief conversation about his activities and plans there.
- Rustam Tukhtasinovich, how did you start working in Malaysia?
- It's just that the information about me was correct and they offered me a contract.
- Has a contract been signed with the Malaysian Boxing Federation or a club?
- With the Malaysian Boxing Federation.
- So, are you a coach for the Malaysian national team?
- Yes, I became the head coach of the national team.
- How long is the contract?
- For two years now.
- According to the information, did your disciples succeed in any tournament?
- Yes, my boxers in 49, 52, 56, 69 and 91 kg became the champions of the Malaysian championship.
- Malaysian championships? After all, given that you are a national team coach, I find it a little harder to understand…?
- You know, I do a few things individually. That is, I want to form them under our boxing school. Exactly, among those under my control, this weight class became the champion.
- Do you intend to hold joint trainings with the national team of Uzbekistan as soon as possible?
- If we are lucky, we are planning such a camp in June or July.
- Have any of your students got a ticket to the Tokyo Olympics?
- No. Everyone knows that boxing is very low here. Now I am determined to lift boxing in this country. If I am lucky, my Malaysian students will also take part in the Paris 2024 Olympics.
- Thank you for taking the time and we wish you success in your endeavors!
- Thank you. I also congratulate all our on the holy month of Ramadan!