"No excuses, I knew that Davron Fayziev would be the head coach if I left the club" - Bakhtiyor Ashurmatov about leaving FC Kokand-1912
Bakhtiyor Ashurmatov left the FC Kokand-1912. He was replaced by Davron Faiziev as head coach. After this change, Bakhtiyor Azamovich gave an interview for Sports.uz website.
- Bakhtiyor Azamovich, after the results of FC Kokand-1912 team were not as expected in the first round, there were rumors about the change of the head coach. Are you ready for this turn of events?
- Frankly, at the beginning of the season, when the championship games started, there was a concern that we might be embarrassed in front of the fans. Because after last year's season, 8 players of the main team left the team. Until the end, our financial situation was not clear. We were slow in the selection process. Despite this, I took some players on the team as a request. I asked Kuvondig Ruziev to help me for a year. Despite good offers, Ruziev agreed to play in FC Kokand. When the season approached, our leaders resolved the issue of Javokhir Sidikov. We did not collect bad content. But the lack of competition in some lines still had an impact on the results, and our concerns at the beginning of the season turned out to be justified and ended with the resignation of the coach. I took the defeat in the match with FC Surkhon very hard. As a result, I resigned. But our leaders said that it would be wrong to leave the team in such a situation. When I decided to leave at the beginning of the season and after the defeat in the meeting with FC Surkhon, I had several offers in front of me. But after the management expressed their confidence, I decided to correct the situation and not leave the team at a difficult time. But the bad luck in the last two games of the first round caused me to leave anyway. I was ready to resign. The matches against FC Bunyodkor and FC Dinamo were an opportunity for me to correct the situation. Despite the fact that we played well in both matches, we conceded a goal and drew due to some blunders in the last minutes, which made me leave. When I decided to leave at the beginning of the season and after the defeat in the clash with FC Surkhon, I had several offers in front of me. But after the management expressed their confidence, I decided to correct the situation and not leave the team at a difficult time. But the bad luck in the last two games of the first round caused me to leave anyway. I was ready to resign. The games against Fc Bunyodkor and "Dinamo" were an opportunity for me to correct the situation. Despite the fact that we played well in both matches, we conceded a goal and drew due to some blunders in the last minutes, which made me leave.
- In our opinion, other problems in the club also affected the result and the game. We have heard that there are debts, especially in terms of financial status. What would you say about this?
- You know, now that I have resigned, I don't want to justify myself with the excuse of some problems. No one is interested in how much money the team spent on selection, what is the financial situation of the team, or whether the team in the club can fight for the top positions. After the lack of results, I take the blame as a coach. The coach wants a good result more than anyone else. Even after major surgery, I worked hard. I tried to earn the trust of the fans and management. But unfortunately, it is not always what we want. It will be what God said. We have sustenance in FC Kokand until today. Unable to. Honestly, the most difficult situation for a coach is when the fans you respect and appreciate are dissatisfied with the coach when there is no result. I apologize to the fans if I did not fully justify their trust in the fans. In any case, I have always respected and appreciated our passionate fans from FC Kokan. I will always keep my respect for FC Kokan fans and I hope that God willing we will see each other again. To the happiness of our players and coaches, may they always be healthy.
- Where do you think you made the biggest mistake as a coach this season?
- I would not call this situation a big mistake. But if I could, I would say that I couldn't take central defender Bobur Akbarov, central midfielders - Farkhod Bekmurodov and Ikbol Malikjonov. True, when they left the team, there was no chance to take it. All three players were combative, strong players in individual battles. Due to the fact that we could not take them out, the fighting in our team has decreased relatively. There was almost no competition in central defense and central midfield, score. When we analyzed the games and looked at the statistics, our results in individual battles decreased compared to other teams. We may have made some tactical mistakes. However, considering that Murad Kholmukhammedov and Alexander Merzlyakov were out of the lineup due to injury, we had little choice.
- What is the effect of the change of management on your left from the club?
- Our former leader, Bakhtiyor Tolipov, a fan of Kokand football, had very high trust in me. But after Bakhtiyor left his job due to his health, another fan of Kokand football, Askar Usmanov, became the manager and worked for a certain period of time. Even when this person worked, I was very unlikely to leave the team. Then Askar Usmanov was replaced by Grigoriy Viktorovich, a young, inquisitive, ambitious man. When this person came, I and the players in the team were really happy. I was sure that with the arrival of this young specialist, a team will be formed in front of the team that can fight for higher goals. But unfortunately, after a negative result in the last four games, after consultation with Grigoriy Viktorovich Ayrapetov, we came to the conclusion that a change of coach might be beneficial for the team, and we stopped cooperation. I am sure that With Ayrapetov, the team will achieve great growth. Because I have known and respected Grigory Viktorovich for a long time. He is a very ambitious, maximalist person.
- Your assistant Davron Fayziev took your place. Did you expect this change or was it a surprise?
- I knew for a long time that Davron Fayziev would be the head coach in my place if I leave FC Kokand-1912. Therefore, I am not surprised by this situation. Davron Fayziev is my dear friend for 26 years. We supported each other even in our difficult times. For example, if I knew that Davron Fayziev was on the staff of other coaches and wanted to replace me, I would have immediately asked the management to resign. I only wish good luck to my friend Davron Fayziev. He is a good professional. Considering the team's activity in the selection in the second round, I am sure that Davron Fayziev will be able to form a stronger team. There are good guys on the team. True, we did not score many points in the first round. But if a little competition increases in this team, it can easily compete against any opponent.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the fans who supported me during my career and the players who fought to the end in any case. I wish the FC Kokand-1912 and its fans good luck in the second round.